Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pre-Market Stock Moves

The US stock market is poised to open higher this morning from the strength of Europe and upticks from recent session gains. On a very short term basis, I smell some minor pull-backs coming either today or tomorrow. If you bought 3x bull ETFs, I would unwind some positions today and keep the rest until the market turns.

Up Stocks:
(TSPT) - Penny stock on the move because FDA recommends its drug. I would watch out for this kind of speculative play. First day maybe fine, but most of the time, you will lose money . It is very small cap and thinly traded.
(ARX) - Buy rating from Goldman Sachs. The stock was added to the firm's Americas Conviction Buy List. The stock was hammered recently. I will wait for pullback before getting it.

Down Stocks:
(NFLX) - lower guidance from Netflix itself. I expect further deteriorations in the coming days and weeks, until it can sign up more contents.
(CISG) - Small Chinese stock, the company withdrew its private takeover. I smell bad book keeping. Did you see that from yesterday's (SEED)? Avoid small Chinese stocks.
(AIXT) - Lower gauidance, avoid!

No comments: