Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday Stocks to Watch

The market is mixed in the afternoon. While the DOW is down slightly, Nasdaq is up slightly, and S&P 500 is up slightly as well. Google (GOOG) continues its downtrend from yesterday's high volume sell-off. As I have mentioned before, I would not buy it until it holds its support at around $450.

Advancers:
(ISRG) - good earning report
(AVZA) - good earning report for this very small cap semi company. I would buy it when it is closed to its previous high. Otherwise it is very risky.
(ERTS) - decent earning. If you bought in before earning yesterday, you could make $1.5 per share today. It is a hold for now until it is close to your buying point. Stop at $51.
(OMRI) - new 52-week high at $36.80. One of my old time favorite. I got in at around $17 a few months ago if you track my old blogs. More upside can be seen soon.

Decliners - no need to mention, avoid losers.
(RACK) - if you bought it a month ago after it surged from its lows, you would have lose money again. Never buy weak stocks in a bull market.

Watch for Cisco (CSCO)'s earning report from next week. It is expected to beat the estimate. Have a buy stop at its 52-week high.

1 comment:

Paul Auen said...

I took a beating on RACK the first drop, didn't see it coming since earnings was still two weeks out. Looked like pretty solid support which held until earnings.

Stock Trading - My Way